Organisations we work with who specialise in commercialising public research institutions' intellectual property:
The Role of RDI
Research Development and Innovation is here to support you as a a researcher with the leap from clever idea to commercialisation; from coordinating the intellectual property protection for your project to negotiating with commercial partners. Our team is highly experienced in technology transfer across all disciplines. We encourage you to contact RDI in the early stages of your research, to ensure you are aware of the options to develop the commercial opportunity.
We get ideas and innovations into the commercial world.
Our expertise, relationships and related support can help you with:
- Commercialisation of intellectual property (IP) - Our project managers work with researchers and students from inception through to getting your idea to market.
- Industry partnerships - Use our relationships to assist with research contracts, commercial entities, Australian Research Council (ARC) linkage and consultancies.
- IP protection - We provide advice on protection strategies, material transfer agreements, IP clauses in agreements and confidentiality agreements for sensitive work with industry partners.
- Pathfinder fund - The purpose of this early-stage fund is to assist in identifying and developing commercial opportunities to be investor ready.
- IP and commercialisation training - We have a range of IP training sessions and seminars so you will get the latest on IP issues and the principles of commercialisation.
RDI upcoming events